An event planner (also known as a meeting and/or convention planner) is someone who coordinates all aspects of professional meetings and events. They often choose meeting locations, arrange transportation, and coordinate other details.
An event planner will typically do the following:
- Meet with clients to understand the purpose of the meeting or event
- Plan the scope of the event, including time, location, program, and cost
- Solicit bids from places and service providers (for example, florists or photographers)
- Work with the client to choose where to hold the event and whom to contract for services
- Inspect places to ensure they meet the client’s requirements
- Coordinate event services such as rooms, transportation, and food service
- Confer with on-site staff to coordinate details
- Monitor event activities to ensure the client and event attendees are satisfied
- Review event bills and approve payment
Whether it is a wedding, educational conference, or business convention, meetings and events bring people together for a common purpose.